Pages

'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday 30 July 2015

Harry Potter #103

This is a meme hosted by me and the lovely Mimz at Lunar Rainbows :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here or to Mimz's blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Which Books Would You Recommend to Draco?
Oh so, so many book. That boy definitely needs a bit of escapism and advice. Here are a few books I'd recommend to Draco:

Color Me Mindful: UnderwaterColor Me Mindful: BirdsColor Me Mindful: Tropical
First up, some Colour Me Mindful books, because that boy definitely needs some time to just chill. He can colour out all of his frustrations, worries about Voldemort and jealousy at Harry.

How Not to Be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide
Next up is How Not to be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide. I feel like this one kind of speaks for itself haha. The way he treated people throughout Hogwarts and some of things he said to Ron and Hermione are disgraceful. I feel like this is definitely a lesson that he needs.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - I kind of feel like he needs to take a good look at how he behaved and where to improve! Haha.

I'd also give him a book where the villain turns into a goodie! I can't think of one of the top of my head but he could definitely do with seeing that it is possible for people to change!



9 comments:

  1. LOL! The 'How to Not Be a Dick' one is my favorite XD And I LOVE that you're making him read HP ♥ Should be a nice dose of reality for the boy haha! And I'm sorry but picturing snotty Malfoy colouring is pure gold :D Awesome picks love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! The idea of Malfoy colouring in is just hysterical :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not know about this meme!? I'm getting on board with this starting next week. Also, these books are perfect for Draco.

    (My blog is jmillwanders.com. It never allows me to sign in that way on blogspot so I thought I'd let you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love that you've picked colouring books - you're definitely right that he needs some chill out time! How Not to be a Dick is a hilarious and absolutely perfect pick too - he clearly hasn't learnt yet that he could be more successful using charm than rudeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. huhehahae :))
    It's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second one is hilarious. Also, the idea of Draco sitting down to color is funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Not to Be a Dick is just perfect for Draco! Maybe he'd actually learn something from it, lol! And I love the coloring books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great options!! I especially like the coloring books. I can totally picture Draco sitting down to color and complain. At first he's all tense and the coloring comes out super dark because of all the pressure he's putting on the colored pencils and crayons. And then it slowly and subtly lights up and his shoulders relax. Man, he just needs to color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed so hard when I got to "How not to be a dick". That is just perfect, lol =D and he would definitely benefit from reading it.
    I didn't even think about the coloring books! I also like the picture of Draco bent over a table, coloring pictures. It might even bring back happy memories about his childhood with his mom......or not.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).