'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 18 September 2014

Harry Potter #79

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Best 'Dumbledore Moment'
This is a tough one. Dumbledore has so many amazing moments. He's such a wonderful and complex character. He risks his life for the greater good (Harry's too, but you know... shit happens!) and I would love to learn more about him. It's hard to decide whether to go for a heartfelt moment, a funny moment, a brave moment, a risky moment. There are just so many! It could go from Dumbledore's revelation of the Room of Requirement (chamber pots), his problems with dodgy flavoured Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, his taking the wrap for Dumbledore's Army, drinking that deadly potion to no avail, covering Snape's back at all times, standing up against the MoM. This list could go on. I think I'm going to go with, however:

King's Cross
I'm currently covered in goosebumps. This chat between Harry and Dumbledore is one of the most moving and open passages in the entire series. It's the moment where everything starts coming together. You can feel things coming to a close and you start to realise that all of those sacrifices had meaning. They weren't empty. I think I tear up pretty much every single time I read/ see this. I just want to hug them both. I loved it as well because we got a final scene with Dumbledore. That and it provided us with one of the most memorable quotes of the series.

“Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” 

7 comments:

  1. That's true. It's extremely hard to choose, because he has so many great moments. I've also thought of this particular moment - I love it - but in the end I went with another favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice moment even though I'm still a but unclear on it despite reading it multiple times. :L
    Still, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this moment between Harry and Dumbledore, and seeing Dumbledore one final time- so poignant and definitely one of the most memorable scenes in the series. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I have chills! That moment ^^ ALWAYS makes me tear up! I mean, logically we weren't expecting any more Dumbledore wisdom and then BAM, JKR hits us with this moving and just plain brilliant moment ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, gods! This scene makes my heart hurt! I agree, it was such an excellent scene, and so well done in the films as well. What a profound moment for Harry too. Excellent choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you said, what made this moment so incredibly special was getting to see Dumbledore again after we had finally gotten acquainted with the fact that he wouldn't be coming back. This was a definite special scene, and one he absolutely needed to be in. He explains things so perfectly. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that moment as well! I was so excited to see Dumbledore again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).