'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 14 August 2014

Harry Potter #76

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

If you could be a character for a day, who would you be?This is a toss up between two for me. Two very mysterious and intriguing characters that I would absolutely love to know more about. It's between Severus Snape and Albus Dumbledore. I chose:
 
Albus Dumbledore
I would love to live a day in his shoes. Imagine having access to all of his knowledge and his powers. He is such a mysterious character and I feel like we never really learn enough about him. Especially when we throw The Deathly Hallows into the mix. I'd love access to his memories and to really understand what he's all about. What does he do all day too? I mean, he doesn't feature much during the day to day life of Hogwarts so I'd love to know what you could do being Dumbledore. And access to his many, many books. Oh the books. That and you get to be ruler of Hogwarts. How awesome is that?!
 



8 comments:

  1. Great choice. I think that there is a lot to learn from Dumbledore's memories! I would be Hermione. I wonder what it is like to be as smart as her..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like to be Albus so I could understand this past. He's always been this mysterious, old guy and I really wish there was more information about his life. A short story about a younger Albus would be great.

    I think I would like to be Hermione. Clever and hanging out with the guys :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I also always felt like there was SO much more to Dumbledore's character that we didn't get to learn about in the books. I would have loved to have read about a typical day in his life as Hogwarts headmaster; did he have a routine, or did he just do whatever struck his fancy because he was Hogwarts headmaster and could roam about the castle as he liked, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not agree more, Dumbledore is SUCH a mystery, I can't help but wish we'd learned SO MUCH MORE than what we did learn about him. I want to unravel all his secrets!! And just imagine being that brilliant, that skilled and that powerful! It boggles the mind. He was *one* of my picks too ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being him for a day would answer a million questions I have about his life, his background, what he does all day... anything! :D Great pick, it'd be awesome to be in his mind for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice! He was a runner up for me. I just imagine having all the knowledge he did, and I feel like you would be able to spend some time as the smartest, most powerful person, like, ever. lol! I chose Hermione for my HP MOTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your choice. Being Albus would be life altering I think. Though I personally can't choose between Luna, Draco, or Hermione. I think being either of them for a day would be so fascinating and a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I participate in this meme, here is my answer:
    http://insidethoughtsblog.blogspot.pt/2014/08/meme-semanal-momento-da-semana-harry.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).