'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Harry Potter #69

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Best Hogwarts Secret
Mine was an easy choice this week!

The Room of Requirement
From when it was first mentioned I fell in love with it. A room that appears when you require it? It sounds perfect! It cracked me up when it turned into a toilet for Dumbledore and contains so many amazing memories from then on for Dumbledore's Army. I loved everything about it. I loved that it appeared again in the battle of Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows, and above all, it's such a cool idea! 

What's your favourite Hogwarts secret?

4 comments:

  1. The Room of Requirement is one of my absolute favorite things about the series and definitely something that I wish existed in real life! It'd be probably turn into a library almost every time for me, lol. Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I loved how Neville was able to turn it into a hideout. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We picked the same this week :D I agree with you, from the moment it was mentioned in the series I was in love. It's so secret and mysterious but the possibilities are ENDLESS as to what it can do to help you out when you need it! I'm with Lee though ^^ for me it'd just keep turning into a library LOL Awesome pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah we all picked the same! I love this room, and I'd totally abuse it if I were at Hogwarts :D
    I found it amazing how it became this pirate style hideout at the end of the series, I hope it survived the war.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).