'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 19 June 2014

Harry Potter #68

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.
Best 'Hermione Moment'
I absolutely adore Hermione. How is it possible to pick just one amazing moment? She has so many moments of pure genius, emotion or hilarity! I think if I had to pick one though, it would be:
 
The Time-Turner
I loved this moment. I felt like it really encapsulated Hermione. Her main reason for having one was for her studies and to improve her intellect, it showed her determination but it also showed her bravery. With Hermione's help, Harry is able to save the life of Buckbeak and Sirius. Loved it :).
 
What's your favourite Hermione Moment?  

8 comments:

  1. I love Hermoine with her time-turner! I also really like her with Viktor Krum. It's probably the moment where she turns from one-of-the-guys into a girl, at least in Ron's eyes. And Viktor is so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww I know :). It's when he seems to finally realise that he can't just expect her to wait around for him too!

      Delete
  2. I am impressed how she managed to keep it a secret, and how nicely she dodged Ron's questions. Those were so hilarious, he was absolutely baffled :D
    Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that whole bit with the Time-Turner is one of my favorite things in PoA - and the entire series for that matter. I LOVE how she was deemed trustworthy enough by her teachers to get one, how she (mostly) kept it under control with all those extra classes...but of course the best part was when she used it to save the day with Harry :D Seriously awesome pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's when she made the birds in book 05 or 06 and made them fly to Ron. I think that spell was Impugno. That was fantastic, and it really showed her emotions and how dangerous she can be when crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that moment as well because a Time-Turner is such a dangerous thing there's only two of them and they trust Hermione with one. Rather than use it for bad things she uses it to become educated! Gaah I love Hermione! I used her founding SPEW xD
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought some of the classes she chose to take were really funny. Also, this was when you notice more and more how much Ron watches her. He's the only one that saw her popping up in classes and suddenly disappearing. The time-turner is one of those props that I don't have yet that I would love to. Great choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always found it very impressive how she could keep up with so many lessons! It shows how important study is for her and I love that about her :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).