'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #54

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog Broke and Bookish.



This one is fairly easy for me. I absolutely adore beautiful books. They dive straight off the shelves and into my arms quicker than anything. I lovelovelove them! So here are my top ten:

Pride and Prejudice
Pictures do not do this book cover justice. It really doesn't. It is absolutely gorgeous and I need it so badly!

Jane Eyre
Another one of the redesigned Penguin Classics. I absolutely adore these quirky covers!

The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare (Alex Wayfare, #1)
I love this cover. I've loved it from the word go. It's beautiful. And I really like blue. A lot. 

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
This is my favourite cover so far. I adore it. It's kickass, it's a gorgeous cover. I need it! 

Cruel Beauty
I fall in love with this book a little more every time I see it. I can't get enough of it. It's absolutely gorgeous. 

Delirium (Delirium, #1)
I love the silhouette. I love the colours. I just love this cover. 

This cover is unbelievably cute. I need it. It sounds amazing too! 

Tigers in Red Weather
Tigers in Red Weather - Liza Klaussmann
It's so summery and bright! I love it. 

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J. K. Rowling
Because this was the beginning of the most beautiful adventure and it means so much to me.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J. K. Rowling
Because this was the end of one of the most meaningful years of my life and I love it so much. 

Quick FYI! I'm hosting a Mental Health Awareness Month in June on the blog. If you're interested in taking part, sign-ups are here!

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, these are all great! Cruel Beauty almost made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing picks! I've never seen those covers for Pride and Prejudice or Jane Eyre before, but they are gorgeous!

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice!! Love Cruel Beauty! Forgot about that one!!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, that redesigned Jane Eyre cover is JAW-DROPPINGLY BEAUTIFUL. *___* I love it!

    Mmm, I like Tigers in Red Leather too! The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those redesigned Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice covers. That Paper Swans cover is super cute too and I'm definitely checking the book out now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good picks! I wanted to include HP adult versions because I love them, and the new adult versions as well, but I already used 16 books instead of ten so... XD
    There are hundreds I want as art, would look amazing.
    Pride and Prejudice is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That version of Jane Eyre is so pretty. I love cover art <3 HEIR OF FIRE. Gorgeous. Cruel beauty is also one of my favorites. I like the details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, I would want ALL THE HP AND THRONE OF GLASS BOOKS on my wall so YAY for having them on here XD I adore the covers you chose for Jane Eyre and Pride & Prejudice, wow they are gorgeous!! And yesss to Cruel Beauty and Delirium- they are SO pretty! Awesome picks hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I remember seeing Paper Swans somewhere and thinking how much I love the cover. So simple and sweet! I love the Throne of Glass covers, I actually have the US editions listed on my Top Ten! Come by and check out my Top Ten Covers @ Book Hangovers
    xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love the first two covers you posted sooo much!!! I have seen those around and just think they are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all great! I especially love the redesigned Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice, and I agree that Cruel Beauty's cover is terrific!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).