'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 1 May 2014

Harry Potter #62

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Most Anger Inducing Scene

Ohhh there are so many of these! From all scenes including Voldemort, to Snape's frustrating behaviour, to Umbridge's abuse of power, Rita Skeeter and her poisonous quill, Fudge and his derpy derp behaviour - I don't even know where to start?! I think I'm going to go with;

Harry's Mistreatment by the Ministry of Magic
Everything about this pissed me off. From ignoring his warnings about Dementors, refusing to accept that Voldemort was back, trying to get Harry out of Hogwarts in every single way possible. Oh my GOD I wanted to smack Fudge silly! Frustrating, silly, naive little man. I totally understand that he didn't want to believe that ol Voldy was back but come on! Think of all the trouble he could have prevented?! Don't even get me started on what happened to Sirius. *Fumes*.

7 comments:

  1. LOL @ the gif, but I so agree! I was so mad, the whole ordeal, the Fudge moronic behavior, Umbridge... -.- It was really maddening!
    Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked the anger-inducing moment leading off this one, when Fudge says 'He's back!' After everything the Ministry has done, they just freaking stand there and gasp! Aargh! Also, go Sheldon!
    Thanks for hosting :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that gif with Sheldon says it all! :)
    And I agree, this scene was super frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fudge was SO annoyingly smug at Harry's hearing! He and Umbridge made for such a terrible twosome in OotP. Now that I think of it, that was probably one of the most anger inducing books in the series, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, nice gif :) I was definitely happy when Fudge was no longer minister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG how could I forget to at least mention Rita Skeeter & Fudge?? Grrrrrr they make me rage too >.< but man you nailed it with your pick this week ^^ Harry suffers SO much abuse and lies at the hands of the Ministry. The worst was when Fudge tried to discredit Harry...and to have that followed by Scrimgeour trying to con Harry into actually helping them O.O

    Love the Sheldon gif, perfect gif usage XD xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the derpy derp comment! I didn't even think of the Rita Skeeter moments, but you're so right. Also, I was with Harry about him blowing up his aunt not being a big deal, but defending his life was. My son rages about this every time he sees the court scene. Excellent choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).