'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 3 May 2014

April Recap: The Month LBF Happened

April has been good to me to be fair. I've got myself plenty of books to be going on with for the next forever, went to London Book Fair where I finally met Ula (Blog of Erised) as well as several other lovely bloggers, met Malorie Blackman and got my old tatty copy of Noughts and Crosses signed as well as learning lots of things about the publishing industry. It was the best time ever and I really can't wait to go to more bookish events!

Not only did LBF happen, but I took part in my very first readathon and it was brilliant! It was so much fun and really can't wait for the next one. The challenges were brilliant and original - gutted I've missed out on past ones! On the blogging front, myself and Ula (Blog of Erised) have sorted out most of the niggely bits for the event we're hosting in June; Mental Health Awareness Month. I'm really excited about it and publishing companies have already been so, so, so helpful, amazing and lovely with offering up lots of books for giveaways and plenty of guest posts/ Q&As. Can't wait! Interested in signing up? The sign up post is here:


MHAM

Books Read in April:
The Best Thing I Never HadGoddessBoy Meets BoyAnna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Bird Box: A NovelBoys Don't CryTrue FireTake Back the Skies

Revolution 19 - Gregg Rosenblum (Review to come)
Poison - Sarah Pinborough (Review to come)
Paper Aeroplanes - Dawn O'Porter (Review to come) 

Posts

May Goals
This is the first month in a long time that I'm just going to sit back and relax a little with my reading. I'm going to read whatever I want without any scheduling. A Feast for Crows is calling so that will be read at some point this month as well as Rainbow Rowell. Books that I've been looking at for quite a long time! I'm going to keep at planning Mental Health Awareness Month too so keep your eyes peeled on that one!

What about you guys? Do you have anything planned for May?
How was April for you?

3 comments:

  1. You read a lot! I hope I can get more books on my reading list for May, if nothing else to clean up my ARC madness.
    The Somewhat Hidden Rainbow in Fantasy was a really good post, looking forward to more posts like this in the future!

    And yay for MHAM, SIGN UP, PEOPLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read some great books in April!
    May should be a lot more laid back than April was for me, because the A-Z april challenge is done, whew! I am participating in the Bout of Books readathon in a few days, which I'm really excited about. But otherwise, it should be a relatively calm month over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the books you read in April look great! I hope May is as exciting in your reading!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).