'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 17 April 2014

Harry Potter #60

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Funniest Moment in the Series
Ahh man there are so many funny moments, it's tough to pick between them all. I think that the one that wins out above all else is:

“Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?”
“Hello, Professor McGonagall,” said Moody calmly, bouncing the ferret still higher.
“What — what are you doing?” said Professor McGonagall, her eyes following the bouncing ferret’s progress through the air.
“Teaching,” said Moody.
“Teach — Moody, is that a student?” shrieked Professor McGonagall, the books spilling out of her arms.
“Yep,” said Moody.
“Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment!” said Professor McGonagall weakly.”
This bit cracks me up EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I'm sat here chuckling to myself at the gif above as I'm typing. Now I know that it isn't actually Moody here, but I can imagine that it is still something that he would have done. If anyone deserved it, it was Malfoy. I loved the reasoning too. You do not curse a wizard with his back turned. So true. So right. Shame it wasn't actually Moody in there though!

Just a quick FYI. I've got planned another 3 weeks for this meme and am brainstorming new ideas! Let me know of any topics you fancy covering in the future through this meme - I want to make it as something for all of us so the more the merrier! :) Thanks guys! 

4 comments:

  1. Ahahaha great pick! This was hilarious. :D Too bad McG stopped it so soon! Maybe someone could have adopted him :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That was just what Malfoy deserved! I totally agree with you- I think the real Moody would have reacted the same way in that situation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so close to picking that one! I loved how McGonagall protests 'weakly' because everyone knows Malfoy probably had it coming! and how about 'favourite Hogwarts ghost' as a topic? Or did we have that one already? Thanks for hosting :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahaha we picked the same moment ^^ I'm with you: this scene cracks me up no matter how many times I read/watch it. The little sneak deserved it and I LOVED that in the books Harry,Ron and Hermione get to watch hehehe You gif cracked me up too, we chose different ones and regardless both make me giggle non-stop XD If anyone ever deserved to be turned into a ferret and bounced around in front of a crowd: it was Malfoy! Awesome pick ^^

    For future topic ideas, I have some ideas (feel free to tweak any or all of them): bravest moment, most inspirational moment/passage, favorite romantic moment, favorite Harry moment (and Ron, Hermione, Luna, Ginny, Dumbledore, Sirius etc etc etc), scariest place in the books, scariest magical creature, most beautiful spot in the series, character you wished we'd learned more about, best Hogwarts secret (i.e. Room of Requirement, Secret Passage(s), Thestrals...) best shop in Diagon Alley...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).