'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 20 February 2014

Harry Potter #52

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.  

Best Spell
Prior Incantato
I adored this spell, mainly because it gave Harry protection by the ones he loved. The spell causes an echo of the last spells to be cast by the wand. It made for such memorable and heart felt moments in Goblet of Fire. An amazing spell.


7 comments:

  1. Good pick! It's great it protected Harry, but I always thought it a bit too convenient. I did LOVE the fact that V and Harry shared the core, and from Fawkes no less, blew my mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When that spell came in the book, I cried! It was just so well thought-out and so tragic and perfect! The fact that it was Fawkes feather was just genius as well! Thanks for hosting :)
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, great choice! That moment when Harry sees his parents is so poignant; I love the story of the twin wand cores, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh wow, I wouldn't have thought of that one. I couldn't pick one, honestly, there are just so many amazing spells in the whole franchise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh! That was such an emotionally charged moment...and that spell is sheer brilliance! I love how rarely the spell can actually happen because it works in the twin wand cores and I adore that aspect of the story too hehe ♥ Wonderful pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhh... I want to cry right now... *sigh* This spell is too emotional for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was such a poignant moment. I loved the thought that there were still ways for him to connect with his family like with the mirror as well. It was a neat concept for me because he wasn't ready to face Voldy yet on his own so to have that help was really critical. Great choice! I went with one that I'd love to have in my life :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).