'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 21 January 2014

REVIEW: Fracture - Megan Miranda

 Fracture - Megan Miranda
Fracture (Fracture, #1)
When Decker found Delaney kissing his best friend Carson, he told himself that it meant nothing. But then Carson calls to Delaney from across the vast frozen lake. Jealous, Decker insists they walk over the fragile ice. Halfway, he leaves her there ...Ten minutes without air, Delaney will be dead. Decker pulls her out of the icy waters after eleven. Delaney is alive, but now she is drawn to those who are dying ...and to stranger, Troy - someone Decker should see as a threat.
*Received in exchange for an honest review*
*Thank you, Bloomsbury*

Ahhhh I really enjoyed this book! It took me just a few hours to read through it - I was completely hooked. It's a darker side to the YA genre but definitely captivating. From the very first chapter I was sucked into the world of Delaney and couldn't wait to see how she would cope with her new 'power' - for want of a better word. I didn't expect to be as captivated by this book as I was. Upon reading the synopsis I expected to find it quite interesting, but not for it to be as good as it was. It didn't sound like it was something that was right up my street, but I'm so glad that I gave it a go because it's a really great read!

Fracture is a truly chilling read. In just 260 pages, Ms. Miranda sucked me straight into this world and I found myself feeling so much pity for Delaney, her friends and everyone around her. It portrays such difficult situations and there is so much death in the novel. The novel deals death in a very sensitive and real way. I felt heartbroken on many occasions and was constantly shocked by the events that occurred. I didn't see the ending coming - it completely gobsmacked me. The event was so abrupt that I had to reread it to make sure that I hadn't just made it up. I'm currently reading Vengeance so really looking forward to seeing how things continue between Delaney and Decker in this book.

Megan Miranda's writing is fluid and descriptive, easily captivating the reader into the story. I was drawn to the characters immediately and really cared about what happened to them. I was shocked at the ruthlessness she showed towards a few characters, so am really looking forward/ dreading seeing what will develop in Vengeance. A book which deals with tough topics, Fracture is a chilling, emotional and captivating read - I definitely recommend it to YA lovers!

4 comments:

  1. If you haven't read Hysteria yet, I recommend that. I need to hurry up and read Fracture, sounds like it's more of the same goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww brilliant! I'm looking into Hysteria :) it sounds really good too.

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a good book! I definitely just added it to my TBR pile. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Kristen @OCA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the concept and the blurb is really exciting
    I just simply read your review quickly so as not to give myself a lot of expectations
    Your reader
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).