'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 30 January 2014

Harry Potter #50

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


Deathly Hallows: Wand, Cloak or Stone?
“Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" Harry interrupted again.
"So he can sneak up on people," said Ron. "Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking...”

This is an absolute no brainer for me. Without a doubt I would pick the cloak. I don't want infinite power and I don't want to bring anyone back to life. The Peverell brothers story freaked me out enough on that one. Whenever I read Harry Potter I always find myself wishing that I had a cloak. How amazing would it be to be able to become invisible and just wander around unbeknownst to everyone else! :D

8 comments:

  1. The cloak for me, too! I mean, I love the wand, too, but I don't plan on dueling people anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Can definitely do without the violence :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with your reasons for choosing the cloak! Being able to become invisible whenever you wanted would be so useful, plus the other two Hallows, especially the wand, come with some very unpleasant strings attached that I definitely would not want to deal with, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked the same! It's the safest and the coolest :D I guess the wand would be fun, too, but people keep coming after me for it would not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reasoning behind picking the cloak mirrors mine exactly! And there is too much fun to be had whenever you can become invisible so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally pick the cloak too. I would try to only use it sometimes and not invade other people's privacy. But it sure would be tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah it definitely would! I'd love to just become invisible whenever I'd want to :)

      Delete
  6. I picked the cloak too :D I agree with you 100%, the wand and the stone were scary D: And I am in love with the idea of being able to walk around completely invisible - especially somewheres like Hogwarts!! So many adventurous possibilities ♥ Awesome choice ^^

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).