'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 23 January 2014

Harry Potter #49

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


Best Weasley's Wizard Wheezes Product

I found this one so hard to narrow it down to. I have the Harry Potter Wikia open right now attempting to narrow down the list. The one I've picked is probably one of their least imaginative ones but is something that gave me such a laugh when I was reading the books. I've picked:
Love Potions
"And they've ordered Fred and George's Love Potions, which I'm sorry to say probably work."
'Love Potions ostensibly cause the drinker to fall in love with the person who gave them the potion. However, true love cannot be produced through artificial means, and thus the feelings that Love Potions create are more like obsession than affection.'

I loved Ron's reaction to the love potion that was intended for Harry. I was crying laughing in both the book and film. Rupert Grint did such an amazing job at acting that out. A cruel but absolutely hysterical potion, it's one of my most memorable moments in the series. 

Ron: "It's no joke! I'm in love with her!"
Harry: "Alright, fine, you're in love with her! Have you ever actually met her?"
Ron: "No. Can you introduce me?"



4 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the dreamy expression on Ron's face in the second GIF! Definitely one of my favorite moments from HBP. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahah, what an awesome moment! I loved smack-in-love Ron, he's hilarious. :D
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I've always loved Ron and this made for such a funny moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahaha omg,that is such an utterly classic moment in the series. JKR did such a good job of adding humor to an otherwise scary potion and situation that arises when Ron takes the potion by mistake! I don't think your choice is unoriginal at all because really love potions are cool when you think about them...and I think we'd all like to know what we would smell if we could take a whiff ;-D hehe AWESOME choice ^^ Oh and sorry I'm so late to visit, my life has been all work and no play this week D: xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).