'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 5 January 2014

2014 Jane Austen Reading Challenge

I've been wanting to find time to pick up my Jane Austen books for quite awhile now, and I just stumbled across this challenge over at Reading is Fun Again! The aim is to read one Jane Austen book every two months. I'm going to try my best with this because I haven't read any Jane Austen since I was 17. 

Books to read:
Re-read Pride and Prejudice
Re-read Emma
Persuasion
Northanger Abbey
Sense and Sensibility 
Mansfield Park

2 comments:

  1. Great challenge. I've only read Sense and Sensibility - terrible for someone who studied English Literature at university!

    Good luck.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto but Emma and Pride and Prejudice :). We never actually got the opportunity to study Austen though!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).