'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 5 December 2013

Harry Potter #42

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


Favourite Quote

“Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?"
"Yes," said Harry stiffly.
"Yes, sir."
"There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."
The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying.” 


This quote makes me laugh out loud EVERY SINGLE TIME I read it. It's hysterical and one of Harry's best paybacks to Snape. Brilliant. I felt like the gif suited this quote nicely too! 

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Love that quote, and love the animated GIF! I loved it whenever Harry was able to get in a good verbal jab at Snape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I remember reading that bit for the first time and bursting out laughing (out loud, which definitely got me an odd look from the bf lol) I almost wanted to shout out: Ooooh, snap! This is SUCH a good line, a perfect answer to Snape from Harry, especially at this particular point in the series :D Wonderful pick ^^ definitely a favorite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG hahaha that quote is hilarious! I laugh every single time, too. I just cannot help myself. And I love it how Harry just blurts it out, not trying to piss off Snape, just says it all of a sudden. :D
    Awesome pick! :*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).