'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 28 November 2013

Harry Potter #41

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


Favourite Magical Item
Deluminator:
'The Deluminator, also known as the Put-Outer, is a device used by Albus Dumbledore (the first known owner and designer of the one Deluminator known to exist) to remove light sources from the Deluminator's immediate surroundings, as well as bestow them. It looks like a standard silver cigarette lighter. Dumbledore left the Deluminator to Ron Weasley, in his will, after his death.'

I love this. It would be so handy! Most of all, I love it because it brought our little trio back together. Without it, Ron wouldn't have found Harry and Hermione, and for that I'm so thankful :).


6 comments:

  1. I loved what it did in the last book, brining Ron back. It was kinda romantic and I totally swooned over it. I always felt it was rather useless but then, I started to love it :D
    Awesome pick, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is Hermione's beaded bag with the Undetectable Extension Charm! I have wished so many times that I have a bag just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit to being stumped at first that Dumbledore left Ron the Deluminator, but I absolutely loved how that puzzle came together. Just another example of Dumbledore's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANY invention's of Dumbledore's deserves recognition ♥ I loved seeing it in book 1 because it added to his mystique...but when it was brought back in book 7..and it reunited the trio?! The feels! :D Awesome pick Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this meme *.* I begin with this topic because I don't know if I can do the other ones. Awesome idea!=D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was really neat that I learned so much more about the Deluminator in the last book than what I thought it was originally limited to. That was a nice little twist in and yes so glad there was a way for Ron to get back. Fantastic pick :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).