'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 31 October 2013

Harry Potter #37

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.  


Favourite Villain
Bellatrix Lestrange
“Oh, he knows how to play, little bitty baby Potter.”
She is by far my absolute favourite. She's one of my favourite characters and I just love to hate her! It definitely helps that she was played by one of my favourite actresses too :) she is everything a villain should be: cruel, sadistic, insane. I remember always being on the edge of my seat whenever she appeared in a scene in the books and again in the films - just knowing something terrible was about to go down!

5 comments:

  1. Nice pick. I never really liked her, to be honest. She was portrayed brilliantly and all, but she just irked me so much. :X She was too crazy for my liking I think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree. Best villain to love-to-hate. I really enjoyed Helena's interpretation of her as well in the films. Great choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we're twins again this week :D I couldn't agree more Bella is the classic evil witch and as much as she's scarier than almost anything, I was glued to my seat whenever she showed up in the book or on screen! I love her even more now that I relate her to HBC, cause she's one of my absolute favorite actresses too ♥ Awesome pick ^^

    Happy Halloween :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellatrix is your favorite?!?! Mine are Snape and Hermoine.

    Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Haha yep I love her despite how evil she is!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).