'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 19 September 2013

Harry Potter #31

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take here.  
part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come

                             Favourite Book
                                  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
I loved this book. I loved the introduction of two of my favourite characters: Lupin and Sirius. I love the growing of the characters in this book and that we finally get a Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher that we actually like reading about. Moments were so heartfelt and it's when the series started  getting darker. I definitely feel like this book is the key book for Rowling's series; it got so much better and so much more captivating. I loved it!


6 comments:

  1. Good pick! I loved Lupin and Sirius coming into the book, and I loved the Marauder's Map as well, but I just felt like this was my least favorite of all the books. I adore them all but this one was just... don't know. Odd in a way. Maybe because there's no Voldemort in this one and becaise DADA is legit, haha! :D
    I'll be rereading it soon, maybe I'll feel different towards it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree with you more! :D I loved both Lupin and Sirius, and I was shocked by the turn of events in this book. So many great moments in this one; it's always my favorite to reread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pick, PoA is definitely a favorite of mine too ♥ I think it's probably the most perfect story out of all the series! I adored getting to know Lupin, a bit of history about Harry's parents and of course the mystery of Sirius Black! It was a lot darker too (which I loved) thanks to the addition of Azkaban and the Dementors *shudder*

    I thought the characters were already so much more mature in this one, but they still have just enough innocence to keep things sweet XD And I agree with you, lots of heartfelt and heart-warming moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pick! I love this book to pieces... literally, my reading copy has fallen to pieces, ha ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Remus and Sirius so much! This was a great book as we saw the dark side of Harry Potter's world beginning. Loved the film as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lupin and Sirius were spectacular character additions to the series. I really enjoyed how we first met both of them. This one was definitely one of my favorite movie renditions. Great choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).