'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 14 September 2013

A-Z of Harry Potter

A Saturday post I have been doing to spread the Harry Potter love and to take us all on a trip down memory lane :).

P is for The Potters
This post is more for Harry's parents than Harry himself. I love this couple and I'd really love to know how they ended up together following Snape's memory. They are so dedicated to defeating Voldemort and the love that Lily transfers to Harry is so pure and beautiful. I just wish that Rowling would give us a little time with this couple to learn about them, to learn about Petunia and Lily, James, Lupin, Sirius and Wormtail. It would be so interesting to see where all these wonderful characteristics came from!

“Beside him, making scarcely a sound, walked James, Sirius, Lupin, and Lily, and their presence was his courage, and the reason he was able to keep putting one foot in front of the other.”


Previous A-Z posts:
A is for Animagus
B is for Boggart
C is for Crumple-Horned Snorkack
D is for Diagon Alley
E is for Epilogue
F is for Forbidden Forest
G is for Galleons
H is for Hogsmeade
I is for Inferius
J is for Lee Jordan
K is for Knight Bus
L is for Remus Lupin
M is for Mirror of Erised
N is for Nicolas Flamel
O is for Occlumency 

4 comments:

  1. Awh, I'd love to learn more about the Potters! They're so quickly discarded in the books; I need more! I could do with a back story about James. And why there's no grandparents for instance.
    What did they do to get so much money? It's all very mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read a prequel as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Potters are a wonderful and inspirational couple, GREAT pick^^ I love how you worded what you said about Lily's love for Harry too :*) I agree with you, I would die for a chance to read a prequel series on them, Sirius, Lupin, Snape and Petunia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this post makes me feel really happy/sad at the same time! I'd love to read more about the Potters and their generation whilst they were at Hogwarts etc. That would be awesome :)

    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).