'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Harry Potter #26

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.  

                       Favourite Triwizard Task
                               
It's difficult for me to pick my favourite task within this tournament. They all show such amazing sides to each of the characters, but I think if I had to pick one, it'd be the third task, the Maze. One of the reasons I've picked this one is that it ends in our first confrontation of Harry and Voldemort in full body. It's horrendous and the death of Cedric traumatised me the first time I read it. Completely unnecessary, but that was the whole point. Voldemort does not care. 
          
I loved the betrayal, the loss, the pain. It was as the series got darker and although I loathed Voldemort I was absolutely fascinated to see where this would go. The deaths of this series hurt me more than I thought books ever could. These characters are very real and I felt myself mourning every single one of them. One of my favourite scenes was towards the end, the scene which involved priori incantatem. I loved how the previous witches and wizards came back to protect Harry from Voldemort's wand and allowed him to escape. It was beautiful seeing Harry reunited with an echo of his parents and it always brings a tear to my eye.
        
What is your favourite task? :)

5 comments:

  1. Great choice! I loved what happened in the confrontation. Not the death of course but the fact that Harry realized he's not alone and that he in fact stands a chance, even though Voldemort is back.
    It was scary awesome to read about that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choice, I picked the same task! As much as it was terrifying to read I really did like the increased darkness and how the plot moved forward with this task! It definitely brought ALL the feels :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being so shocked and saddened by what happened in the maze the first time I read GoF, but it was such an important turning point in the series. I tear up, too, when Harry gets to see his parents briefly. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second one, with the mermaids :) I hated the maze most of all because I hated that Cedric died! Well, I hate that anyone from the "good" side died. And it was really sweet the way he tried to stand up to Voldy at the start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the maze too... but for totally different reasons. I liked it because it is so mysterious. I love how there is a sphinx in it (wish we would've seen it in the movie). Just spooky and amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).