'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 4 July 2013

Harry Potter #20

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here


                          Dumbledore's Army vs. Inquisitorial Squad:
                              Which would you choose? 
For me, this weeks was a complete no brainer. I would be a DA member all the way.
When I first read Order of the Phoenix, there was nothing more that I wanted than to be a member of Dumbledore's Army. Learning important Defence Against the Dark Arts skills, rebelling against Umbridge and preparing to fight Voldemort - it all sounded so exciting to my childhood self! Without a doubt, I would want to hand Voldemort his own backside! Haha.
“That's right," said Luna encouragingly, as if they were back in the Room of Requirement and this was simply spell practice for the D.A. "That's right, Harry... come on, think of something happy..."

"Something happy?" he said, his voice cracked.

"We're all still here," she whispered, "We're still fighting. Come on, now...”

What side would you guys be on?


6 comments:

  1. I think everyone's on the same page this week. ;) I've got this urge to revive the D.A right now and join in :D .

    ReplyDelete
  2. DA of course. If anyone picks IS, we kick their ass! :D And give them some puking pastilles, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to pick IS but... I just can't take Umbridge. So of course I picked DA!!! Love that pic of the DA you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the DA! Love the quote you picked - Luna is my favorite quirky girl. I think the addition of Dumbledore's Army and The Inquisitorial Squad was really neat to bring the kids into the same realm of the Death Eaters and The Order of the Phoenix in a way. Thanks so much for hosting a great meme! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. DA for sure! Like you, I thought it was beyond brilliant that they were all rebelling and learning to do such incredible spells and magic! I would have loved nothing better than to be able to be there, join up and fight! The I.S. can suck it LOL

    Brilliant post,thanks for hosting it. I'm really digging this meme too, in the next few weeks I'd love to join up ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).