'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 15 June 2013

Harry Potter A-Z

A Saturday post I have been doing to spread the Harry Potter love and to take us all on a trip down memory lane :).

I is for Inferius

One of the darker creations of J. K. Rowling, Inferius are dead bodies which have been reanimated by a dark wizard. Created through Necromancy, we see them for the first time when Dumbledore and Harry journey to attempt to find a Horcrux to destroy. They were used as an army by Voldemort to protect the pendant containing a section of his soul. The only thing which works against the Inferius is fire. They hate light and warmth so only a fire summoning spell would work.

They are corpses, dead bodies that have been bewitched to do a Dark wizard's bidding. Inferi have not been seen for a long time, however, not since Voldemort was last powerful.... He killed enough people to make an army of them, of course."

More information here.


Previous A-Z posts:
A is for Animagus
B is for Boggart
D is for Diagon Alley
E is for Epilogue
F is for Forbidden Forest
G is for Galleons
H is for Hogsmeade

3 comments:

  1. These are so creepy and nasty and omg terrible. I was so afraid two of them will turn out to be Harry's parents. I seriously freaked out over that thought.
    I was so terrified with the cave scene, it was torture to see Dumbledore so weak! He was always such a strong character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost totally forgot about these creepy things! NOT my favorite creature from the series, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these... I wish they would've been more in the series!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).