'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Harry Potter A-Z: D is for

A Saturday post I have been doing to spread the Harry Potter love and to take us all on a trip down memory lane :).


D is for Diagon Alley

I know I was originally going to pick ones that were slightly obscure but I just have to write about this wonderful place. D came with so many options; Dobby, Dedalus Diggle, Durmstrang, Dursley's... but I think this one is a winner.

Diagon Alley is the first magical place that we see with Harry in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. A place filled with all things magical. Ever wondered where to get your cauldron from? Pop on over to Potage's Cauldron Shop! Drag yourself past the latest wizarding broomsticks and don't forget to visit Ollivander for your wand! I loooove this street. From Gringotts Wizarding Bank to Flourish and Blotts with their piles of magical books, it has anything a witch or wizard could possibly need.
 
 'There's only one place we're going to get all of this; Diagon Alley.'
 
It's a place easily accessible from The Leaky Cauldron. You simply walk out the back, tap the bricks in the right order and voila! You're in Diagon Alley. At the bottom of this post is a list of the shops courtesy of Harry Potter Wikia:
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Diagon alley, I would love love love to visit, I'd probably never want to leave! All the animals, brooms, ice cream...! So many thing. I adore this.
    And I loved when Harry got some time alone there in book 3, he must have had a time of his life. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diagon Alley is the best, so I think we can forgive you for not picking something more obscure!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... more stores there then I thought!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).