'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 30 May 2013

Harry Potter #15

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here

                     Favourite Character History

I've picked Severus Snape because he was the one character that left us all reeling following his death. It's so interesting to find out all the stuff about him in his final memories. I felt so sad that I had spent so long hating Snape to only discover that he was protecting Harry because of his love for Lilly! It's so, so sad and it must have been difficult for Rowling to write a character that she knew everyone would hate to then completely destroy our images of him - he is actually a good guy!




6 comments:

  1. Great pick! I never liked him until it was revealed he was the good guy all along, but that does not just erase all the crap he put Harry through so he's still not my favorite. A few black spots here and there...
    I had no doubt I'll be picking McGonagall (and you could have as well, silly!) because she may be stern but she was so cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but I thought it'd be nice to have some variety :D. Snape's story is so touching!

      Delete
  2. I can super relate to this! Although Snape isn't my favorite character, I felt the same way when his memories and eternal love was revealed. I was like "OMG!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Severus Snape and btw I totally called in book II the Snape isn't that evil..was in love with Harry's mother thing..;>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good pick. I like that he's such a complex character. It would have been easy for Rowling to make Snape bad all over, or to redeem him really early on, but she followed through and so we got lots of character development, and the moment the reveal was made everything slotted into place.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).