'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Harry Potter #13

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here. This weeks is:

                  Favourite Harry Potter Film
I find this one so incredibly difficult. I know which films it narrows down to but I have no idea how to pick between them! The two films that I absolutely adore (and I count the last two films as one; they're one book!) are Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1 & 2. The winner of this post tends to change on the day or depends on what film I've most recently watched. I think I'm going to go with:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2


This film breaks my heart, it really does. It not only makes what is in my head when reading the books become real, but every time the final film ends a part of me just curls up and cries like a baby. This cannot be the end of something that is just so damn important to so many people. All of the actors, producers, directors, prob makers, just everyone involved in the making of these films deserve awards. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Having been to the studio tour in London I (and many others) can definitely vouch for the amount of work that has been put into this film series. It ties the story up perfectly and leaves us all heartbroken. I will be amazed to find someone that didn't cry at least once in these films. One of the best things? This:


Yeah, we all know the line.

'Not my daughter you bitch!'

An absolutely phenomenal film. I don't think any other series will touch me the way this one has. Sorry future authors, there is no topping J. K. Rowling. 



3 comments:

  1. Great post, totally agree with you! The amount of work in the movies, the details we were never able to see no matter how many times we rewatched the movie... It's insane. I bow down to all people that made these possible. I may not have always liked some things but the entire thing is too big to miss the brilliance of it all.
    And really, there is no way anyone can top JKR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I haven't seen The Deathly Hallows yet. I may have to finally get round to it.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good movie(s). I am reading this book now. I really don't love how we are to travel around forever bouncing from place to place. But once that's over these movies are magic!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).