'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 21 March 2013

Harry Potter Moment of the Week #5


This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP to focus on per week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! This weeks is a quote: 


“That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend. Of house-elves and children’s tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.” 

 J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


I love this quote. It's one that is going to feature quite heavily in my dissertation on Potter. It summarizes the key difference between Harry and Voldemort, between the sacrifice made by Lily Potter and the traitorous love potion created by Merope Gaunt. I think this is one of the most important, if not the key themes within the series; that of morals, tolerance. It's such a touching quote, something that I think a lot of us can relate to. 


GIVEAWAY: Book of your choice (INT) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).