'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 29 March 2013

Feature & Follow #22


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:


Alison Can Read Feature & FollowGain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: Insightful Minds & Book Sniffers Anonymous


Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book - and how did you react?
Gaah, what a question. There are so many of them that it's hard to pick one. It's  going to have to be two.
The first one is the reunion of Sirius Black and Harry Potter and the hope that follows this new relationship. It's made all the more emotional by the horrendous outcome in the fifth book.
The second happens at the end of Delirium. I'm not going to share what it is because of those who may not have read it, but those of you which have will agree. It's heartbreaking!



12 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with the Sirius one. I really stubbornly held on to the belief that things would go back all the way up until the last book in the series when I finally realized that what happened had happened and there was no going back. Ugh. J.K. Rowling is such a heartbreaker.

    I haven't read Delirium yet but hope to check it out soon. I'm really curious as to what happens!

    New follower via BlogLovin (and cute blog btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate with choosing the end of Delirium. That was just sooo damn sad. I actually cried!

    New Follower via Bloglovin

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Delirium! OH yes, that killed me, killed me so much I haven't been able to read the second one even though it is sitting there and going - read me read me read me. Thanks for hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delirium, oh my my!
    New follower :) Here's my very first F&F : Maria's Bookshelf - F&F #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter is a popular answer today.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I cried at the end of Order of the Phoenix when Harry went up to Nearly Headless Nick and asked him whether Sirius would come back as a ghost.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Derlium! Yes! That absolutely broke my heart :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harry Potter definitely had some emotional parts throughout the series.
    Kristin @Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice choices!

    old follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter is like the answer to everything! I should've mentioned this in my post, but it's such a given to me that I don't always think of it!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower. Happy Easter.
    Ghost Writer blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could not agree more about the Sirius & Harry reunion in OotP...and the horror & heartbreak it was followed by ♥

    Brilliant answer! New follower!
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).